Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today, was a productive job searching day.  I traveled to Plano Texas today to another workforce solutions place because they were having a job fair.  Some of us were sent away because so many had shown up.  The interviewers never made it to my name, so they sent us away, asking us to return next Thursday.

Disappointing, however, while there, connections were made.  I made a new friend from the Plano area who engaged in pleasant chatter while we waited for our interviews.

The friend who came along, agreed to get lost with me in that area of Texas, we found ourselves in other towns, looking at apartments, talking with people, sharing ideas.  So, see, in a way, it was productive.  :)  Even got a tip on who is hiring in the rental property management world.

As I was driving back home, I asked the passenger in my vehicle if they would write down the names of buildings I was shouting out, as they were potential employers and potential interviews.  Car dealerships, Halliburton, GE, other random places.  (Shouting necessary due to broken air conditioner.  All windows down as we were screaming down the interstate.)

Late last night, I finished the online application for Lowes.  Like Olive Garden and Red Lobster, I had to take a personality assessment.  This assessment is over 140 questions long.

Really?

I was filling out a different online application that asked me if I would mind carrying a gun if necessary, was there anything in my record that prevented me from packing a lethal weapon?

hmmm.




No comments:

Post a Comment